Tuesday 28 April 2009

Blue? Why?

(Sunday, 26 April 2009)

Great day, driving the 4WD in the dusty and bumpy roads of the southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula.

Great beaches, most of them completely deserted. Inland, beautiful landscapes and a couple of rivers to cross. Sweet!

And then, at night, I’m feeling blue. Doesn’t make much sense. Why?

I think I’m starting to get used to the fact I’m travelling. I mean, almost 3 months have passed; at least 3 months more lie ahead. No counting of the weeks passed anymore. No counting of the weeks left yet.

Just going with the flow, getting used to it. And when you get used to things, it’s easier to get blue, bored with them.

I try to remember myself how free and lucky I am at the moment. To make of this travel whatever I want. Go wherever I want, do whatever I feel like (budget allows, of course…)

That thought hits home, but somehow takes time to sink in. I’m still feeling blue.

Well, tomorrow is another day. Let’s see how it goes…




No comments:

Post a Comment