Wednesday 13 May 2009

Better Spanish

(Sunday, 10 May 2009)

Yes: I’m finally seeing some improvements. I’ve even been asked whether I’m Spanish (?!). Of course, those are the situations when I wasn’t required to articulate more than 2 or 3 words.

But it’s ok: I’m happy that I’m start distinguishing more often which words are the same as in Portuguese, and which ones are completely different (and for which not even the most worked-on Spanish accent can help me getting a message across).

I do miss the Spanish accent – people talk so differently here. Whenever I hear a Spanish speaking – or a British speaking English, as I miss that too – I focus all my hearing ability on them.

I probably come across awkwardly, as it has worked as conversation starter more than once...

No comments:

Post a Comment